In The Community
Learn how the Junior League directly impacts our community. Our outreach programs are designed to provide maximum benefit to our communities through our league volunteers, community partnerships and direct financial support.
The Junior League of Daytona Beach supports several meaningful events that offer valuable and significant contributions to the Volusia County Community.
Each year the Junior League of Daytona Beach provides grants to community organizations through our fundraising efforts. Last year we gave away $25,000 in grants to the following organizations: Volusia Literacy Council, The House Next Door, Community Partnerships for Children, Inc., Family Renew Community, and Kidds Are First, Inc.
The Junior League of Daytona Beach collaborates with many community partners including Volusia County Schools, City Island Library, Healthy Start Coalition, Head Start, Early Learning Coalition, Homeless Assistance Coalition, STAR Center, Domestic Abuse Council, Childrens Home Society, Halifax Hospital system, Museum of Arts and Sciences, Project WARM, Hospice Care, Jewish Federation, Cancer Society, PACE Center for Girls and the Children’s Advocacy Center.
The League provides monetary donations as well as volunteer labor and support to our Community Partner. The following projects highlight the difference we are making in the community.
- Annual Best Foot Forward: The Junior League provides the opportunity for over 120 children from four local Title I elementary schools to go back to school shopping for clothes and shoes.
- Head Start Literacy Event: The Junior League donates a book to almost 700 Head Start children. Many of these children have never personally owned a book which makes it a memorable event when a Junior League member reads the book aloud in class.
- Jewish Federation Backpack Stuffing: We partner with the Jewish Federation each year, providing both monetary and volunteer support, to ensure that more than 6,200 children receive needed school supplies that they are unable to afford.
- PACE Center for Girls: Throughout the year the Junior League provides support for the Thanksgiving Luncheon, Done in a Day work project and the Graduation Luncheon.
- Great Kid’s Explorer Club: The Junior League provides over 100 food baskets to undeserved families during the Winter break to subsidize the breakfast and lunch that is received at no cost during the school year.
- Pampering Day: Once a year the Junior League has the opportunity to pamper women participating in Project WARM and women from the Domestic Abuse Council for a day. Participants receive haircuts, manicures, pedicures and massages while their children are provided care.
- Homeless Assistance/STAR Center: The Junior League organizes monthly birthday parties for the residents of the STAR Center. The League also provides a weekly mentoring program for teen residents of the STAR Center.
- This year the Junior League will partner with Healthy Start on a new program to reach at-risk moms-to-be in the community. We will host two Community Baby Showers in order to provide the items they need to be successful parents.